Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What I Learned Today

Today in ESL class, I learned about what are the compound sentences, complex sentences, and run-on sentences. A compound sentence is more than one sentence put together with a conjunction. Example, "I play the guitar and my sister plays the piano". A complex sentence is a sentence that include independent clause and dependent clause. Example "I saw the beautiful shoes in the mall, so my mum bought it for me." In this sentence "I saw the beautiful shoes in the mall" is the independent clause and "So my mum bought it for me" is the dependent clause. A run-on sentence is a sentence that put a more than one sentence incorrectly. Example "I decided to buy some breads my mum decided to buy some chocolates" In this sentence there is no joining words. We could put joining word 'and'. Such as "I decided to buy some bread and my mum decided to buy some chocolates." If the sentence is too long, we could also make a new sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment